Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Fiat Punto 2003 1.2 16v automatic transmission does not

Customer Question

Fiat Punto 2003 1.2 16v automatic transmission does not display temperature on lcd screen (guess it's the outside temperature)... Can' locate the sensor !
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?
Customer: 83.500 km actually it is not the original transmission, it was replaced some time ago!
JA: What is the model of your '03 Fiat?
Customer: 5 door hatchback
JA: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just bought it yesterday. Didn,t do anything the climate control does not seem to respond very well to my desires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for this sensor at the front bumper area or near the front radiator.It will be a very small sensor usually with 2 wires plugged into it and may look similar to the sensor below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2s64mffiqv0gj9y/a-09-11.jpg?dl=0

If you are unable to locate this sensor at all let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete