Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

MY 2003 SAAB 93 IS THROWING CODES THAT PUT IT IN LIMP MODE…

Customer Question
MY 2003 SAAB 93...

MY 2003 SAAB 93 IS THROWING CODES THAT PUT IT IN LIMP MODE IT SAYS MANUFACTURER CONTROLLED COMPUTER

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P1681 P0638 P0606

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

THE THREE CODES

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
9/9/2017
Auto Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. The ECM has an internal hard fault and has dumped memroy. It must be replaced.

hows it going?

How I can't find a dealer or a shoptshop that specializes in Saab I took it to my regular mechanic and he recommended that I take it to a dealer but I can't find a dealer here or a mechanic that will work on a Saab

Im not sure how to answer that sir. Order an ECM, have your mechanic replace it and program it.