Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My engine light says ervice engine soon, how much time do i

Customer Question

hi my engine light says ervice engine soon, how much time do i have until complete failure because i get pain next friday
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: not yet its just that i dont have money right now
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: and also when im reversing it is very hard to move back and makes a very deep sound like its a nissan altima 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The service engine soon light indicates you may have an sensor issue. If you are low on funds at the moment, most auto parts stores offer free vehicle computer diagnostic scans (so they can sell you parts). The scan is always the first step in obtaining the path to take to rectify the issue. It may be something as small as a loose gas cap. The results of the scan will tell you what system is affected, or if the problem is minor.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks!