Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2 out of the three accessory power outlets not work. where…

Customer Question
2 out of the...

2 out of the three accessory power outlets not work. where do mO find the right fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2011outback 3.6 L H6 F DOHC 24v

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

CHECKED (position #20 in fuse panel) 10A accessory power outlet fuse. it appears to be good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The accessory ports in the rear and the center console do not work.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
9/7/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is it the two in the rear that are not working?

To my knowledge, there's only one in the rear cargo area. Unless you consider the one for the trailer hitch. Also, the power outlet in the center console does not work.

Ok, start by checking fuse #13 in the fuse box inside the car. This sends power to 2 of the power outlets.

Please take a look and let me know. It's my mistake, they call the console and the one in the rear both rear outlets.

The fuse should be labeled as #13.

let me know.

Thanks.

Any luck?

that was correct. The bad fuse has been replaced , issue is fixed thank you. Rd

You are very welcome!
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.
Thank you so much!!