Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Car is saying key not detected with key in the car

Customer Question

car is saying key not detected with key in the car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually this is due to a fault with the key itself as the remote on the key can fail causing this issue or the batteries in the key remote fail needing replaced.I would try having the batteries replaced ( a local parts store can usually swap them out for you at the cost of the batteries alone) then see if it works properly.If this does not work I suspect the key/remote has failed and a new one will need obtained and programmed by a shop or dealer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete