sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a pajero junior automatic 1996 model and the gearbox

I have a pajero junior automatic 1996 model and the gearbox is my problem .. if I stop and on pull away the car has no power it wont move I must put it in L the go slow up to D what can be the problem ... The only power I got on my car is in R.. on hills side roads it doesnt go no power...
Hope you can help me
Sonja

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the transmission may be in limp in. If a failure is seen that will prevent the trans from operating correctly then it will be locked in a single gear for forward operation, and it can be perceived as a lack of power since you aren't taking off in first gear. If it's in limp in it could be an electrical issue or an internal transmission failure.

Do you not feel the transmission shift at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you think it can be the ecu that give problems because I see on network this is a major problem with the pajero's that the car have no power on pull away and on hill side roads and dont change gears automatic only the refs go high ... please I AWAITING YOUR ANSWER.

Do you know what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No Sir tell me wher can I see that and where to look or hiw can I find out what fault codes are set...

A scan tool needs to be connected to the data link connector to read fault codes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will do that tomorrow and will let you know ... I am greatfull for the help ..will talk to you tomorrow ...because it is now time to go home for the people.....

Great!