Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I'm about to pick up my new 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited and…

I'm about to pick up...
I'm about to pick up my new 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited and the dealership called to say there is discoloration on the bumper. They said they are going to sand it and re-paint. Is that okay or should I be getting a new bumper?
9/6/2017
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Did you point this out to them when you looked at the vehicle? or is this something they said they called when they were detailing it?

They saw it while they were detailing

Alright, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would suggest just taking a very close look at the bumper when you take delivery of the vehicle along with your salesperson. It's under warranty so if anything doesn't look exactly right they are obligated to fix it. These bumper covers are sometimes difficult to get exactly even and perfect as they are plastic and not metal. If you feel at all uneasy about it or if anything doesn't look exactly right when you take final delivery of the vehicle, I would just ask to see the manager or owner or the dealership and express to him your not satisfied and bargain a little to either get a better deal or swap it for another one on the lot. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Thank you

Absolutely, Thank you. Let us know if you have any further questions.