Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2015 Bentley Flying Spur. Background story is due…

Customer Question
I have a 2015 Bentley...
I have a 2015 Bentley Flying Spur. Background story is due to a recent hurricane some water came in my car. The water line was up to my tire. The car was parked in my garage so wasn't on. When I returned home my car battery was completely drained and wouldn't start even with a battery jump box. The interior lights would turn on but the car wouldn't crank. What should I do
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Car
9/6/2017
Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 10 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

are the floors wet or damp?

please do let me know!!

thanks

water had gotten to the seats

the transmission module is one , the access start module is another and is the critical part getting the car started.

you need to get the carpets and seats out dry out and get to the modules remove and blow them dry and spay with contact cleaner and blow dry . then the connectors clean and use contact cleaner.

lets hope that the wiring does not corrode after time. once water get inside it can be a snow ball effect !!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang