Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Slow drip coming from underneath engine...didn't start until…

slow drip coming from underneath...
slow drip coming from underneath engine...didn't start until I had to hit a ditch because of an idiot not paying attention...how do I find/fix leak?
8/21/2017
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually you would need to clean off the engine area then inspect to locate where the leak is coming from.You should be able to see something damaged like a hole or scrape that caused a leak that needs repaired.This is the best way to locate this and needs done safely.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks, ***** ***** sits so low to ground all I've been able to do is use a mirror to try to find leak. And doing this is hard to see underneath motor. The lift I have is a Harbor Freight bike stand and it lifts right where I need to see/look for leak.

O.k.,you may have to find another way to have this lifted possibly with a different lift at a shop or dealer unfortunately to see if they can locate the leak.It will have to be lifted in a way that the leak can be seen to then locate it and this may involve a different type of lift system.But this is the only way to locate it unless you can clean off the fluid and use the mirror to then pinpoint where it is leaking from.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Pete, Technician