Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I've just had warning light number 12 flash on my dash and

I've just had warning light number 12 flash on my dash and my car is running rough
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No but all lights / dashboard are working fine
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2004 RR Vogue
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as yet just wondering what it might be?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's about it

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thanks

Hey how are you

The flashing check engine is a random multiple misfire , plugs ,coils ,fuel pressure ,vacuum leaks etc..?

how many miles you have on it now & has it ever been tuned up ?

lets start here & we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mmmm ok - its due a service. Has 280,000 on clock and has been serviced at every 10,000 intervals...

now to be accurate ,we need to have it scanned with a capable scanner and retrieve fault codes,based on these fault codes i can pull up troubleshoot and be accurate for you ,if go to local parts store now days they scan it for free and give these fault number

ok it is been serviced as far as fluids and filters but how about tune up ?

get it scanned and post fault codes back ,here for me & i can help you further ,but at mileage i suspect plugs & coils ,you NeED to start there

READ BELOW HOW TO GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH ME

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks

ANY SMOKE FROM TAIL PIPE ?

ARE YOU LOSING ANY OIL ?IF NO , GO FOR TUNE UP AND HAVE FUEL PRESSURE & INTAKE GASKET CHECKED ?

YOU ARE WELCOME

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800