Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

The alarm is making it not turn over. Haven't checked the

The alarm is making it not turn over.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: Haven't checked the fuses and yeah I believe the battery is fully charged. It's a suzuki Sidekick with a factory alarm system from 95 lots of people have issues with these
JA: What year is your Sidekick?
Customer: 95
JA: Are you fixing your Sidekick yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried removing the wire from the battery terminal tried pulling the in line fuses and reattaching the wires. It worked but I knew that because I had my phone plugged into the cigarette lighter that that would trip it but it was too late.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to rewire the system without the alarm.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Check which alarm system was fitted as this car did not come with Factory alarm system they where fitted as an option .

But if you look under the drivers side dash you will see a black box with on one side a long two wire row plug fitted

and on the other side two smaller plugs , just pull the largest plug and try and start .

Let me know what happens .

Some alarm system fitted at the dealer will have Suzuki on the side .

If you still have the remote in working order try this .

1. Flip the Valet/Override switch to "ON" position.
2. Turn the ignition switch to "ON", the "OFF".
3. Then IMMEDIATELY flip the Valet/Override switch "OFF", "ON/OFF", "ON/OFF". The Siren will chirp one (1) time.
4. Turn the ignition switch "ON/OFF", "ON/OFF". The Siren will chirp one (1) time. It is now in the learning mode.
5. Press the button on one of the Remote Control Transmitters until the Siren responds with a confirming chirp. The first Remote Control Transmitter is now programmed.
6. WITHIN FIVE (5) SECONDS, press the button on the second Transmitter until the Siren responds with a confirming chirp. The second Transmitter is now "learned".
7. Repeat step 6 for any additional Transmitters.

NOTE: Each time the learning mode is entered, all Transmitters must be re-programmed into the Security System, including the Transmitter originally supplied with the Security System.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This car does have a factory alarm.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried unplugging this, didn't work.

Did you try reprogramming the keyfob.

Is the red Waring light for the immo flashing .

Does the starter motor engage when trying to start .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No power to the starter

Turn ignition On and jump start the starter motor and see if the engine start ,

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay I'll try
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I leave it in vallet so that the alarm doesn't arm itself. I think what tripped it is that I left my phone charging in the cigarette lighter.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think if it doesn't have enough amperage constant in the system it sends a code to the ecu and doesn't let energy flow through the starter. I want to rewire it from the egnition but I don't know what has to be wired to what in the correct order.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey, it started by jumping the starter!!

Remove the alarm system and in the wiring you will see a break in the "S" wire to the starter reconnected this .

Having a hard time get back to me .

Greg

From the ignition wire to the clutch or automatic PNP switch is black/red .after the PNP or clutch switch the wire is

black and yellow .

Just come to mind did you check the PNP / clutch pedal switch is working .

if this fails no power to starter motor .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's automatic I didn't check yet

Shift into "N" and see if she starts .

Greg

Common issue for the PNP to fail and interrupt the starter .

Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the S wire
S. wire is the wire that goes to the starter motor .The black and yellow
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found it and I'll send a picture
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is the S wire to the starter but it has a plug on it that isn't plugged into anything.
Not connected ? What I can see from here . Black and yellow wire should be connected to the starter solenoid.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually I am not sure where that wire goes. There is a wire on the back side of the starter
What color is the wire in your hand.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got it. It just needed plugged onto the starter. It is black and yellow
How did this get changed , get a test light on this cable and get someone to try and start , if the test lights up remove the wire and fit this one , looks like someone got them mixed up .
Now what color is the wire that is fitted to the starter lets see where this one belongs
Greg