Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Can someone help me find the right ECU for my dodge 96 van?

hi can someone help me find the right ECU for my dodge 96 van? Please see picture for the faulty one I have https://ibb.co/b236HQ

Hello and welcome to just answer. That picture of the PCM is not for a 96 Dodge van. But I can try to help you. Which engine do you have in your van?

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi on the web decodethis it says 1996 Dodge Ram Van with a 5.9L V8 OHV 16V engine. Thanks

Ok, let me see what I can find. Be back asap.

Chris

Ok, I found one at Rock Auto for $200.00 plus $75.00 for a core charge which you will get back when you send your old one back.. The part number is A-1 CARDONE 790777 .

Go to Rock auto .com to see it.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1996,b2500,5.9l+v8,1074024,electrical,engine+control+module+(ecm+computer),2896

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi thank you but what am I suppose to search for? i'm trying ot find it cheaper on ebay or amazon. Thanks

When you go to Rock Auto .com, there will be a drop down menu on the left. Select 1996, Dodge, B2500 van, 5.9, electrical, then PCM/ECM. You will then see it.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok tahnks

You are welcome and thank you for accepting my answer!

Chris