Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I am having trouble locating the knock sensors on my 2005…

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble locating the knock sensors on my 2005 Jaguar X type. Would you know whe re I can find a diagram of the engine or do you know where it is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

P0332

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

X Type, yes. I replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, checked the ignition coils and replaced one and replaced the fuel filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had 13 codes come up and after making all of the changes I did, the only one that came up right away was the P0332 thus far.

8/20/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

What size engine do you have?

3.0 on the X Type Base Model 2005
That is Bank 1 or 2? Where is the other Bank?

There is only one knock sensor on your engine.

Any idea why they call it Knock Sensor 2 instead of just Knock Sensor?

All of my references call it a knock sensor.

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Customer thank you very much for your help. This should help me resolve my issue.

You are most welcome