Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Moose...We just washe dour 2013 Lincoln Navigator key and we

Moose...We just washe dour 2013 Lincoln Navigator key and we are out of town and don't have another key. We dried it and it will now unlock the doors and the music lights etc turn on but the engine will not start (no click or anything that would indicate the battery. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The fey fob blinks fast, so we think the anti-theft is engaged

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This issue that you are having is due to the key not communicating with the immobilizer. This key has likely shorted out the chip. The reason that the light and radio work, is because the key doesn't need to communicate with the vehicle to turn the power on, but in order to start, there has to be a line of communication. What needs to happen now, is that you will have to call a locksmith and replace the key. You maybe able to wait until the key completely dries, but I have seen this before, and I doubt that it will communicate with the vehicle. You will need a new key and have it programmed to the vehicle.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can a regular locksmith fix this or do we need a dealer?

You can call a regular lock smith, but be sure that they have the tools capable of coding the key. Most locksmith usually have the proper equipment.

If you call the dealer, the dealer will likely want you to have the vehicle towed to them.

Thank you for the rating.