EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

2013 santa fe right rear door lock actuator. I have a new

2013 santa fe right rear door lock actuator. I have a new assembly to install, got the outer panel off and started taking the inner panel off. Noticed window is connected. So I need to remove the window or just roll it down first. can I get to lock assembly from there?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: got the outer panel off and started taking the inner panel off. Noticed window is connected. So I need to remove the window or just roll it down first. can I get to lock assembly from there?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
34;Do I need to" roll down the window or will I need to remove it/disassemble it to get to the door actuator to replace.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have to leave for now, I will look for the answer in my email. Thanks!

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** am currently dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate .

Understand it's not one response and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate my efforts.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

You have to roll down the window so the bolts for the window line up with the rubber plugs in the panel. Then you can unbolt the window, slide it up and tape it to the top of the door. Let me know if you have any other questions on this. Thanks.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ah ok I see - I know of one rubber plug (right in the milddle), are there multiple? And can you tell me the size of the bolt? Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
middle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have put it back together for today so wife can drive so I can't view it directly, will re-attempt tomorrow)