david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

Have 2005 town and country when hard braking transmission

Have 2005 town and country when hard braking transmission will not engage immediately after all other times transmission works normally

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Just wondering why you replaced the TPS? Did it test bad? When this happens does the ABS light or the check engine light come on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When hard braking transmission will not engage immediately but teach will show engine is revving up

Have the transmission control module scanned for fault codes then. Transmission faults usually will not turn on the check engine light and need to be read with a scan tool with that capability.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it possible control module is malfunctioning

I dont think so. Since its after a hard stop I believe it has something to do with the transmission fluid line pressure. Check the transmission fluid. Make sure its full, a nice reddish/pink color and doesnt smell burnt

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Check that everything is good fluid is clean
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could loose battery cable affect voltage

absolutley

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me disconnect battery to reset computer will get back to you thanks

ok, Ill be here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just low fluid pickup in rear of pan thanks other info is useful will remember

you're welcome please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. thank you and have a great weekend

thank you very much