Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Does a 1995 Dodge Dakota Sports Reg Cab have an exhaust

Does a 1995 Dodge...

Does a 1995 Dodge Dakota Sports Reg Cab have an exhaust system that has one bracket holding up the muffler and then one bracket holding the opposite end of the tailpipe?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your MPG been lately?

It has 175 miles and I don't know about mileage. There is one for sale and i need an old pickup that has an exhaust system that has only 2 brackets holding up the muffler and tailpipe for a court case I am working on. The seller of the dakota does not know the answer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not bought it because I dont know if it has only 2 brackets. I will have a mechanic deal with it if I buy it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It would be helpful to know appx how much it would cost to cut off the tailpipe.

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Okay. I just want to know how many brackets hold up the muffler & tailpipe.

8/17/2017
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What liter engine is in this model here so I can see if I can check this?Is this 4wd as well?

Let me know,thanks Pete

It is a 2wd. Don't know about liter engine, but it is a Sport Reg Cab.

Do you know if it is a 4 cylinder, V6 or V8 engine by chance as all 3 of these were an option on this model and can make a difference on the exhaust system components?

It's a 4 cylinder manual. The owner is at work. If its that hard to figure out I can skip it. I just can't seem to find the schematic for a 1995 Dodge Dakota on the Internet for some reason, or I would know how many brackets there are.

Here is the diagram layout for this exact year and model with the 4 cylinder engine.I see 2 hangers one at the rear of the muffler and one at the rear of the tail pipe area.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n77twigt6tc5w7b/h-08-17.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Thank you so much. I think this is exactly what I need. Will fill out the survey (hopefully I can find it)

Your welcome