Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh,
Experience:  Master Tech at Kennesaw Auto Tech
97664209

My car stops when I step on the brakes. The fuel pump has

My car stops when I step on the brakes. The fuel pump has been changed but it doesn't help. The check engine light was on but now went away. I'm not sure what to do.Thanks

What is your vehicle's year make and model?

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
96 dodge ram van

Does it cut of only when you press the brake while coming to a stop or even when you sitting in park and brakes are applied?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would say both but I would say that not all the time. If I brake for a short period of time, it would not shut down. But if I break for a bit longer it shuts down. Also if I'm on park and I brake, it would shut down as well.Thanks

Do you hear any slight hissing noise near the brake pedal when the brakes are applied?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no

Are you able to start the vehicle right away after it dies?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can start it right away.

Does the engine run smooth and no misfires when it is running ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

The symptom you are experiencing point towards a internal vacuum leak in the brake system possibly inside the brake booster or brake booster check valve

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how much would it cost to fix this? thanks

If it is a faulty booster approx 350-400$ and a faulty check valve approc 80-100$

Good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
does that include labor? thanks

Yes, it does.