Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2005 kia optima that fail the Texas state

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 kia optima that fail the Texas state inspection on June 26 2017. I had three items that need fix. That was valve cover gasket, purge valve ,mass air-flow hose. all been repair. Took it back the follow week and there after for seven week. Each time the shop told me I need to put more mileage on the car " with no engine light on".. Each time the reading keep saying it wasn't ready. I don't know where to go from here. I m about to send it to the dealer and spend $120 for them to tell me Why I m not able to pass the reinspection. If you can tell me what the problem I m having I don't mind spending the money and not getting the same answer. I would go for. please let me know. Thank you Paul

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes it is

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I m

8/17/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

What size engine do you have? 4 cylinder or V6?

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
6 cylinder 2.7
Phone call session started
At no charge. I would like to let u know by disconnecting the battery cable and rud together for 5 min did not. Also for three days running my car while in park for 45 min. After that took it for a ride. Did not work. As of today 8/21 i took it to see if it clear. It did not clear. It still show that my car wasn't ready for reinspection. Its show four monitor inside the car system wasn't ready. So i m not happy with your subjestion and going on two month. At this point all i can do is keep driving the car and not spend any more money what other subjest i should so.

Hello!

Like we discussed on the phone.

If these do not work, the PCM may need to be flashed/updated or even replaced.

You are welcome.