Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

About to replace my steering rack and want to make sure I

About to replace my steering rack and want to make sure I get the rack to steering wheel alignment right. I know about centering the steering wheel before removing the rack. Attached are two pictures - one from the rack on the car and the other on the replacement There appears to be a piece of plastic on the existing rack that might be indexed to the pinch opening on the shaft. The replacement part has nothing near the spline and no marking except for some dimples. Is there a trick to ensuring the spline on the replacement rack is indexed correctly to the shaft?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

what is the year,make and model?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that would be helpful wouldn't it??
2009 Infiniti G37XS
AWD
No 4 wheel steer

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii1js51f21tuudi/0813-infenity-STEERING%20GEAR%20AND%20LINKAGE.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/ii1js51f21tuudi/0813-infenity-STEERING%20GEAR%20AND%20LINKAGE.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The instructions mention a rear cover cap projection which I believe is the blue piece of plastic on the rack that that is currently in the car. I didn't see a (B) marking position of gear housing assembly.Can I find (B) by rotating the input from one extreme to another and using the middle location?Another question - what does "Never apply fluid to the hose (1) and tube (2)" mean? I would have likely put some oil on the fitting to make the hose more easily slide over it. Should I do it dry?Thanks,
Brian

yes,,the blue cap is the protective..you should have a B on it,,yes.

yes,,install the lines try

thanks