david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

My 2006 Lexus IS350 was running fine as I drove it 4 hours

My 2006 Lexus IS350 was running fine as I drove it 4 hours away. The next morning I was leaving the hotel and my car wouldn't start. The car turns over fine but won't start. The fuel pump wasn't coming on and I verified that there is 12 volts going to it so I bought a used pump and it still isn't starting. I pulled out the fuel pump relay and I don't have power going to that, even when I'm trying to start it.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 150,000 and yes, I haven't had any issues
JA: What is the model of your '06 Lexus?
Customer: IS350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I've changed the fuel pump however the fuel pump isn't coming on even though it's getting 12 volts
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is no power at the fuel pump relay

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. If the fuel pump is getting 12 volts at the connector then you put a bad pump in or the connector is bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's what I was thinking, the thing that was throwing me off was no power at the fuel pump relay. Shouldn't it still have 12 volts?

the fuel pump relay should have voltage

you have to have voltage at the relay if you have voltage at the pump

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thanks. I'll recheck it.

you're welcome, please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

ill be here if you need me

thank you very much