Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I have a 95 Nissan quest and I know the power steering is

I have a 95 Nissan quest and I know the power steering is leaking but also it's making a high pitched noise then I drive straight. Could this be the pump or something power steering related

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

will the high pitched noise change at all when turning the steering wheel ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh yes that I know it the power steering. Even when going straight and when accelerating it get higher I have always fixed my own cars but this van is getting the best of me

the odds are the noise is the power steering pump low on fluid or it has air in it due to the leak

once the leak is fixed and the system filled with fluid and driven to get the air out that noise will go away

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I'll check

ok