Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Are there drain tubes to the rear of the car from the

Are there drain tubes...

Are there drain tubes to the rear of the car from the sunroof or just to the front? I have water in my trunk every time it rains. Trunk gasket is good and making contact all the way around, the tail light pods are sealed, so is the license plate inset. the rear window is sealed??????

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Don't have an electrical problem----just a wet trunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Sorry, it's a 2000 Honda Civic 2 door with a factory sunroof

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the trunk gasket, removed the tail light pods,and license plate insert. Those things aren't the problem. Was wondering if there are drain tubes that go to the rear of the car and maybe plugged or leaking into the trunk somehow

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it.

8/11/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Give me a couple of minutes to pull the schematics as I believe that there are rear drains

Hi

You will need to pull the left rear tire and wheel well liner to see the drain tube exit and have someone use a water hose on the sunroof while you see if water is exiting out of it.

And you will need to pull the left luggage compartment trim panel to see if the tube is leaking from a hole or split in it

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?

~Confused by my info request or answer?

~Need more time?

~Confused on how the site works?

~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager