Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

87galaxie boat replaced stock carb with holly 2brl 500cfm…

Customer Question
87galaxie boat replaced stock...

87galaxie boat replaced stock carb with holly 2brl 500cfm now flooding I believe there no float adjustment on new hollys no window to look either it looked like water fall in to manifold

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

87galxie boat marine holly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Getting ready to try mighty tappin on top of bowl in hopes of no kin out any thing in seat but wishful on my part 2 pull carb clean bowl try replacing fuel filter with plastic see through to keep eye on it note didn't run out of gas I'm not boat Mech and never seen small clear plastic tube coming from fuel pump ????

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

Two one at pump looks like oil filter size or is I should say one in line also

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuel pump on the boat has what looks like vacuum line or vent that not hooked to anything got in an out lines to pump and this clear plastic hose 1/8 out of pump ???

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
8/6/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mike S., Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Is this it?

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetors/performance_2_barrels/parts/0-4412C

I know on my Holly you loosen that locknut and hold it while you turn that screw, except of course mine has 2 of them since it's a 4 barrel.

That float adjustment should be here on page 10, http://documents.holley.com/199r7950-7rev7.pdf

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.