Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My engine light was come up and then I took it to check it.

Customer Question
Hi, My engine light was...
Hi, My engine light was come up and then I took it to check it. They sand you have to change the purge valve. Since today at noon car turned off and after a few trying, car started and ran. I thought it is because of the purge valve, I change that. Now I am not able to run the car, It starts perfect! but dies!!
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
8/4/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you had the car scanned for codes again?

No. I did it once. It came up with a large leak and replacing the purge cavle. Which I did myself.

how long does it run before it dies?