Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

101864 stuck in neutral, Thornton Park, Stuck in park, Prank

Customer Question

101864 stuck in neutral
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Thornton Park
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Stuck in park
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Prank light comes on abs has Benn on a long time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not checked to see if this is due to a weak battery this needs done.If the battery is found to be weak it will need replaced or recharged to resolve this here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ski battery is good gear shifter moves through gear but the vehicle does not come out of park
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Does the shifter feel loose at all when shifting it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shifter feels normal
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

This may be an issue with shift linkage being damaged leading from the shifter or shift cable if equipped with a shift cable.I have seen this cause this type of fault here before and had to replace the affected component.

If this is all o.k. and the shift linkage or cable is checked and is moving properly with the shifter operation then he fault is most likely in the gear box itself.It would need inspected internally to locate any broken or damaged components needing repaired or replaced to resolve this fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have you looked just vehicle up it does not have linkage it's all electronic is there a manual way to release the gear from parking
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here.I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** the shift linkage from the transmission with the vehicle safely on a flat surface and wheels chocked to prevent rolling. Then try to shift the transmission manually and if it is bound the problem is internal and the transmission will need to be removed for repair and possible overhaul. Let me know

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help and I will be glad to help further. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.