sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I Have a 2005 Bentley GT that is draining a new battery down

Customer Question

I Have a 2005 Bentley GT that is draining a new battery down overnight. All of the fuses have been check and nothing seems to be left on. What is my next step?
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the battery dies while the vehicle is at rest yet the battery load tests good then there is a component drawing current when it should not be. Any component which receives a direct battery feed can cause a draw. The problem could literally be dozens of things and it will require some testing to determine the cause. It could be a light coming on or staying on (such as the glovebox light), a module staying awake, an aftermarket radio or amplifier, and the alternator can fail and cause a draw.

What needs to be done is an ignition off draw test. An ammeter will need to be set up between a disconnected battery cable and it's post. If the draw exceeds 40mA then there is cause for concern. At that point fuses would either be removed one at a time or voltage drop across fuses checked to see what circuit current is flowing on, and then components on that circuit can be concentrated on.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!