Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

About a month ago, my engine light came on and it was a

Customer Question

About a month ago, my engine light came on and it was a misfire on cylinder 5. Changed the ignition coil pack out on cylinder 5 and the light went off after a few short trips driving it. About 2 weeks later the engine light came on again. This time it is low lean on bank 1. Which they said could be anything.
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No. car runs great. The code was the low lean on bank 1 code. I forgot the actual code number
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: mazada 6 S, 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only tried removing the gas cap and retightened it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We just changed the oil a month ago too.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Typically when you have a lean condition on one bank it's either the result of a vacuum leak or the front O2 sensor. In most cases when the engine is running fine it's the sensor causing the problem. Basically it's reading wrong so the computer is making the fuel mix lean on that bank. I would start by replacing the front O2 sensor since the engine is running fine and performing normally. This isn't an evap emissions code which is why the gas cap isn't a factor.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!