Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 2011 RR Sport Supercharged took a literally in the oil…

Customer Question
my 2011 RR Sport Supercharged...
my 2011 RR Sport Supercharged took a crap literally in the oil pan. We believe a constant coolant leak into the sump caused some kind of muck build up in the sump which recently deposited itself in the oil pickup and pump. Car was not overheated since I have owned it the last 30k miles Current problem we excavated everything in site to get pan off and removed all the bolts and it is stuck on, how do we remove it and not break it?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
8/1/2017
Auto Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
The lower sump is just held on by the silicone so lightly tapping it with a mallet is really the only way along with prying down on the edges.
Seems like the left rear is really stuck?
Are all the bolts holding the pan on vertical? Seems like there might be something coming in horizontally from the rear? Were way past lightly tapping! Wondering how much a new pan is at this point. Gluing The engine together like this makes me think this is a throw away car.
Are there bolts holding the pan on inside the pan near the rear? Were trying to remove one or two that may be doing just that
Your advise this time was counter productive. On the 5 Litre Jag engine in the Rover the plate holding the rear crank seal is bolted to the block and the rear of the pan and one needs to remove the transmission, torque converter flex plate and seal plate.
Hope we did not bend anything to bad. refund would be in order
Or I can just do a bad rating?
I thought you were just removing the small lower pan and mot the desolate.