Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Shaking, sounds like something metal is dragging underneath…

Customer Question
Shaking, sounds like something...

Shaking, sounds like something metal is dragging underneath the car, unable to steer even in neutral, & fluid is leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

Black, thick, and underneath, as guys pushed me to the curb to get out of traffic.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

MKZ2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had the car 1st looked at by Road side assistance when this happened, which then the guy requested that I take it to the dealer...This has been a week ago and the dealer still has not given me any info as to the status of the repairs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dealer asks if I had an oil change recently...I advised him to check the windshield's sticker for that info as I didn't keep any receipts and the inspection is due in August.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the steering wheel turning at all and if so is the vehicle not steering/turning when you turn the wheel?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At the time of the incident, unable to turn the wheel & when the RSA tech pulled the "Dipstic" there was oil running from the stick and under the car..

Did you get this issue resolved at all or did you still need help with this?

Let me know,thanks Pete