Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

It barely will run at idle and when it does ,it is at about…

Customer Question
It barely will run...

It barely will run at idle and when it does ,it is at about 1500 rpm . You put it in gear and it dies . It seems to run O.K. at highway speeds. I just had the E.C.M. replaced about 25 or 30 miles ago. I replaced air filter , fuel filter and checked fuel pressure to the tuned port and it is at 40 P.S.I. and the check engine light (of course ) is on and I know it has clean fuel . I replaced all vacuum hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 1500?

1986

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

What do you mean by 1500? I had a mechanic do the work and the computer replace

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Some times the check engine light stays on and sometimes it blinks and I have reset itseveral times and it is full of all fluids also

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
7/29/2017
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 11 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are yo

It i is a 1986 but what make and model or the vin # ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

vin1G1YY0782G5106513

Hey how are you

click on link to view the fuel specs ,for it

THE CORVETTE FUEL SPECS ARE 24 - TO 36 PSI NOT 40 , THAT IS TO MUCH ,IS THE FUEL REGULATOR WORKING AND HAS VACUUM ON IT ?

If you spray starting fluid around the intake while it is running ,does engine rpm surges up ?

click on link to view pdf file to view the fuel specs and fuel pressure regulator

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat