Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It barely will run at idle and when it does ,it is at about

Customer Question

It barely will run at idle and when it does ,it is at about 1500 rpm . You put it in gear and it dies . It seems to run O.K. at highway speeds. I just had the E.C.M. replaced about 25 or 30 miles ago. I replaced air filter , fuel filter and checked fuel pressure to the tuned port and it is at 40 P.S.I. and the check engine light (of course ) is on and I know it has clean fuel . I replaced all vacuum hoses
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It blinks
JA: What year is your 1500?
Customer: 1986
JA: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: what do you mean by 1500? I had a mechanic do the work and the computer replace
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: some times the check engine light stays on and sometimes it blinks and I have reset itseveral times and it is full of all fluids also
Category: Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are yo

It i is a 1986 but what make and model or the vin # ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
vin1G1YY0782G5106513

Hey how are you

click on link to view the fuel specs ,for it

THE CORVETTE FUEL SPECS ARE 24 - TO 36 PSI NOT 40 , THAT IS TO MUCH ,IS THE FUEL REGULATOR WORKING AND HAS VACUUM ON IT ?

If you spray starting fluid around the intake while it is running ,does engine rpm surges up ?

click on link to view pdf file to view the fuel specs and fuel pressure regulator

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat