Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 equinox 3.4l, high RPMs after throttle body

Customer Question

2007 equinox 3.4l, high RPMs after throttle body replacement. Runs about 3000RPMS, no vacum leaks and no DTC
Category: Car
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery and touching the cables together?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tried driving above 44 and then quick deceleration as well. I have not had the new TB relearned would that be necessary or is it just plug and play.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did a check for vacuum leaks could not find anything. All electrical hook ups are clean and in place as well.

it needs to be relearned, I was trying to see if we could do that with out going for the relearn, so try this, do the cable thing crank it up let it ilde for 10 mins, turn on all accessories, everything, wait another 10 mins, then put it in drive and also with everything on and wait another 10, turn of wait 5 mins and restart, this may relearn the the t/b

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks I will go forth and conquer, and let you know.

haha no problem, god speed sir!