Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 2003 Hyundai tiburon gt won't go into park and it won't…

Customer Question
My 2003 Hyundai tiburon...

My 2003 Hyundai tiburon gt won't go into park and it won't shift in regular drive I have to drive it in slap shift

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Haven't noticed any leaking at all and not entirely sure it's never been replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tiburon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I noticed it wouldn't go into park the first couple times I push it up and then it quit altogether so one day I forced the shifter into park and now even when it's in regular drive it still shows D1 and won't shift at all unless I slap shift

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all that's wrong and I can't even get it to slap shift until the car warms up

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Car
The car slap shifts fine as soon as it warms up
7/28/2017
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

are you able to pull any codes from the vehicle?

I don't know how to pull codes from the vehicle

Your local auto parts stores will do it for free, I would see if there are any codes in it and go from there, im assuming you checked the fluid and condition and level were ok ?

What do you think it could be

Did you check the trans fluid level and condition? I need more information and codes would help too

Yeah fluids are fine

ok let me know if they get any codes and I can help you from there