Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 mazdaspeed6 AWD 2.3L. I purchased this car

Customer Question

I have a 2006 mazdaspeed6 AWD 2.3L. I purchased this car about 3 months ago. No problems at all. I drove about 30 miles yesterday on I 65 and picked up my son. The car was never shut off the engine was running fine. but the minute I put it in gear (reverse) it pulled but grinded a little. When I put the car into 1st to drive, there was a grinding noise inside the cabin and the car acted as though it didn't want to go. I tried shifting to second only to hear it get worse. The motor was fine, but everytime I engaged the transmission it was like the wheels did not want to go without making a horribly loud grinding noise. I let the car sit for 30 minutes, examined for any visible signs of malfunction and found nothing. I parked the car over night and came back today with a car trailer to load it up. Still same issue car does not want to go forward or reverse without some sort of grinding or clanging.
JA: Have you heard this particular sound before?
Customer: no, and there is definitely a pull on the drivetrain. the wheels almost hop and it sounds like something is trying to engage
JA: Are you fixing your Mazdaspeed6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I literally just picked it up today. I am familiar with FR cars but this is my first AWD I love the car and want to fix it, But I am limited on the mechanics of it, as far as transmission and differential
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this moment
Category: Car
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

ok first things first have you have the vehicle scanned for any codes?