Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Hindsite tells me the fluid in radiator overflowed in

Customer Question

Hindsite tells me the fluid in radiator overflowed in driveway last nite..it is not greasy but, rubbing fingers on driveway surface tells me it is a burnt brownish color tho dry. I drove the car about 20 miles this am no problems or warning lights...looking under hood ..reservoir for radiator fluid is half full...Car did smell hot when drove home last nite and fan ran loud for a very short time...
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No over heating, have ot checked fuses
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2009 Jetta has power engine gas 91 no ethanol
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not a thing no fixing for this lady, drove only 20 miles no icon warnings...night before turned on key to open windows and forgot lights were on while eating in car...also fan was working slowly..battery ran down...juped for star about about 50 minutes later drove home left car in drive for a short time then into garage thinking e'thing OK not sure now if I should drive it again...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of.
Category: Car
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Did you notice if the temperature gauge was reading normal around midway or was it a little bit over?

hows it going?