Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

My car has been sitting idle for about a month and i went to

Customer Question

hi my car has been sitting idle for about a month and i went to charge it up and start it today, the battery is charged all electrics work but theres no crank when i turn the key?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: iv tried both park and neutral
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2005 holden vs utility
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i checked the battery connections they were fine, car saying no fuel but it should atleast crank, i checked fuses, i have a feeling it may be solarnoid or starter motor but i had my starter replaced last year
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad armature in the starter, at the starter there are 2 wires, one large going to the battery, and one small going to the ignition, you need to check for power at the small wire, when cranking, can you do this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i can in about 2 hours when the sun comes up i have no light where im parked right now
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

if the small wire has power when cranking, then its going to be a bad starter,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it dosnt crank at all though?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nothing happens when i turn key
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

No, it wont if the starter is bad, that is why you need to check for power on the small wire when cranking, if it has power, then the starter is bad,Tim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks ill let you know asap
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 months ago.

Is there a reason you wont rate me? I do not get paid unless you do?