Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I've just tried to drive my car, the gear is very sloppy and

Customer Question

Hello, I've just tried to drive my car, the gear is very sloppy and when in reverse it goes forward, I have no idea what's wrong with it
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 140 thousand ish. No not that I am aware of I only had the clutch changed two weeks ago. Hey the car was driving fine a few hours ago
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: It's a mini convertible 2008
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No this was done at a professional garage I've just tried the car in each gear, everything looks okay under the bonnet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Category: Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My phone number is ***** the right one is +44757760142
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Sounds like you have a shifter bushing problem, its the bushing at the bottom of your shifter that sits in the transmission.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's okay, I am happy to text and my skills on a car is not the bes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, so what do I do?

IS this something you want to repair yourself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If possible

ok give me a min ill send you a break down of what to do.

Before we get into that, here is the shifter linkage removal and install procedure, check and make sure the linkages mounts are tight and the cables are not broken,

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!