Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2002 buick century custom 4 dr. thats had repeated

Customer Question

hi i have a 2002 buick century custom 4 dr. thats had repeated abs sensor problems so when the abs/service engine /trac off lights come on, the brakes dont puslate; when lights are off, the abs motor groans at low speed . 2 mechanics have tried to fix this and it continues to happen. do you have any suggestions. they have said the sensor was faulty and keep replacing it. thank you for your help so much
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: abs light yellow, service engine light, and trac off light come on all at the same time
JA: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, the first garage sent it out to another mechanice and replaced the abs senser. the 2nd garage im usiing the car has been in and out of there monthly and they keep rplacing the abs senser but within 2 weeks, the brakes pulsated without the light on and the next day the lights came on and no pulsating happens. It changes every time I stop and restart the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no im good thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Do you happen to know the codes in the computer causing the ABS and other lights to illuminate?