sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I changed the battery in my wife's 2012 fiat 500c yesterday.

Customer Question

I changed the battery in my wife's 2012 fiat 500c yesterday. Afterwards, the radio will not turn on at all, the tpms is unavailable and the odometer and clock are blinking. I pulled the radio and the 10 amp fuse on the back of it is fine.
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: Yes all tires are at 31psi
JA: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes then drove around for an hour. Thought things might reset then.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The A.C. works fine and I believe the radio and A.C. switch are on the same fuse in the driver's compartment.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a few different things going on at the same time or there may just be a single cause. The odometer is flashing because there is a build configuration conflict and that's the first thing that needs to be addressed. Repairing this may take care of all the issues, and if there are no fuses blown then odds are this will take care of it. What you'll need to do is see your dealer and have them perform a PROXI alignment procedure with their scan tool.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!