Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Second opinion] changing servo unit on an expert van, 2006

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi JA: Hi. What...
Second opinion] hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: changing servo unit on an expert van
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2006 righ hand drive
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes accessing the problem to do repair
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
7/23/2017
Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Which servo motor are you replacing - mode door, temperature blend door, or recirculation door servo motor

And I will need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the directions

Bosh(###) ###-####servo unit

HI,

Ok, the brake booster

you state you are having problems accessing it. Is it the nuts under the dash, or just pulling it out at this point that is the issue

can i send on a picture to you
there are no nuts under the dash from what i can see

use the paperclip icon on your toolbar reply box to upload photos.

ok

If you have a problem with it, use a free file sharer like dropbox to upload and post link here. I know some customers have had issues with ours before, so that is an option for you if it doesnt work

hi are you still there having problems sending on pictures

Ok, use a free file sharer like Dropbox.com to upload the photo there and then post the link it generates to here for me

waiting to down load file

no problem

HI,

Got the 2 photos of the booster in the engine compartment.

The nuts are under the dash.

You will need to lay in the floorboard and use a flashlight to see them. They are close to where the booster end with the brake pedal pushrod come thru the firewall. They may be hidden by either carpeting or the floor insulation and need to peel them back to the see the studs with nuts on them. You will need to use some long socket extensions with a swivel socket and deepwell socket to reach them

did you get the pictures

I got the pictures of the engine compartment view of the booster

the push rod is not coming through the fire wall . the peddles are on the opposite side. on the right hand side looking out. what country am i on too
can you send on diagram where you are getting information from

HI,

It shows as US.

Ok, I am not familiar with that setup so I will have to opt out

the bulk head is convex ted and the servo unit sits in to it there are no bolts protruding through the bulk head. from what i can see.checked removed fire wall and carpet. just plate as seen on photo with four bolt. servo unit is bolted to this plate inside plate. if i open this plate, how do i get at bolts and undo fork from servo unit.
Ok, your out who is in . can you get me some one in Japan, Australia, England or new Zealand, they drive on the same side of the road as we do an must have come across the same problem
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager