Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

Can a motor mount break and cause a car not to stop and

Can a motor mount break and cause a car not to stop and therefore have an accident with a 2003 Subaru Legacy Outback with about a hundred forty thousand miles on it

NO a broken motor mount can not cause this problem. When you hit the brakes did the pedal go to the floor?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The brakes were not engaging is the best answer I can give you it wasn't like the brakes weren't working they were working but they were not working like they should I used to have old car like with all the old fashioned brakes and my brakes are password ***** I know what it felt like this is not what that felt like it was a different sensation where I was on the brakes and I didn't even realize the brakes had not kicked in and I was just rolling different feeling than if the brakes were not working or the brake discs were not engaging it just felt like it was engaging but the car was still rolling

Have the brake booster checked.