Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I tried to unlock the vehicle this morning and this did not

hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I tried to unlock the vehicle this morning and this did not work so I manually opened the door went to start the car but the car did not start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: This has never happened to me with other cars so I was trying to get information
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 2016 jeeppatriot I did not check the engine I bought last august it only has about 15,700 miles
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have to take it to the dealer but I want to know what there going to do.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was on the list for a recall maintenance visit but the part never came

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

is the vehicle electrically dead ? nothing will work ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

the issue will be loose or bad battery cable connections or a bad battery to cause this issue

if both battery cables are clean and tight replacing the battery will correct this problem you are having

with it being electrically dead that is usually the issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok thank you

anytime