Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I am trying to find out if anyone know were I can find what

fuses in the power distribution...
I am trying to find out if anyone know were I can find what fuses in the power distribution feed
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: just that the car has a short somewhere
7/17/2017
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

what year and make and model and engine size is this vehicle ?

2004 jeep liberty 3.7
no thanks

what is not working ?

everything is working but there is all draw on the battery I narrow it down to fuse 7 in the power distribution box

if you pull fuse # 12 in the junction block will the draw go away leaving # 7 in place in the fuse box ?

I don't remember

in the power dist box putting back in fuse #7

pull fuses 11 12 30 and 34 one at a time out of the junction block

which one of those 4 fuses will the draw go away ?

ok will do that right now

ok that big fuse 7 powers those 4 fuses we are having you pull one at a time

once we know which of the 4 fuses the draw drops we will know what is causing this draw

If you pull 34 it goes out

that fuse powers the gauge cluster and the radio and the bcm

unplug the gauge cluster then the radio and which ever one you unplug and the draw goes away that is the bad part

but be sure when doing this draw test the door switches are NOT on with the door open doing the draw test as that will give a false draw

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Technician
thank you

anytime

Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician