sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Just had major work done on a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado.new

Just had major work done on a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado.new crank and rod bearings and main bearings replaced. The engine compartment completely empty. Had to also replace a right axle. Now got back from mechanic and Traction control is disconnected and ABS light is on . Is there an electronic harness connector for both of these and are they unplugged or what. He does not have diagnostic tool that covers a 1995 with codes
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: ABS light
JA: Are you fixing your Eldorado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no the mechanic said everything would be handled now does not have diagnostic tool to correct codes. and Traction control on computer when turn on car says it is disconnected
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a way one can clear codes through in car diagnostic computer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You can check to see if the ABS module is unplugged for some reason, but it shouldn't be. The module is in the left front corner of the engine compartment. Make sure it's plugged in and there is no visible damage to wiring or the connector.

You can also ensure that fuses are good, if the ABS module isn't operable due to a blown fuse then it will cause what you're having.

If fuses are good and you're unable to locate a problem visually then a scan tool will be necessary to further diagnose the problem.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!