john  aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I am considering installing a third skylight vent in the

Customer Question

I am considering installing a third skylight vent in the upper area of my 5th wheel over the bed area to release the hot air. I cant wee that these would be to many wiring or structural issues but I can use a stud finder to locate any beams if necessary. I see it recommends the procedure iscompleted by an RV dealer.. I obviously do not ant any problems but don't think this will be all that difficult. Due to the fact this is an edpm ( rubber roof) I think I got that right. I would imagine that tracing this out and cutting the roof fabric by hand would be the proper method. Please advise
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

I feel I could do it, but I am just not experienced in doing so. I will opt out.

Expert:  john aka eauto replied 3 months ago.

walking the roof can you see the truss lines?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not really but I can use a stud finder inside

yes you can