Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

cloe0626
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 and the 4x4 function will
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 and the 4x4 function will not work. I have no blown fuses. It is a manual transmission with electronic switch on the dash. When I turn the selector switch to 4hi or 4… read more
94 chevy: 4x4 truck with a 350..intake manifold..back together..rod
Sam C
Sam C, Service Manager
I have a 94 chevy 4x4 truck with a 350 in it and had to replace the intake manifold gaskets and when I put it back together it sounds like a diesel motor running.Its not a rod but was wondering what w… read more
Ford Ranger 4x4: Hello,I have a 2008 Ford Ranger 4WD,I connected
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
Hello,I have a 2008 Ford Ranger 4WD,I connected a 'NO-LIMIT' Performance Chip,After doing so it would not start.I scanned it with a OBD2/EOBD Scanner and found it to have a fault with code number P019… read more
I put in a new batty an my 94 doge care van an it went went
Richard Greer
Richard Greer, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I put in a new batty an my 94 doge care van an it went went back to the mark an now its drop down eight an it still starts an I put on a newbelt is it the alternater … read more
2000 Ford Ranger XLT: starter..the alternator as well..Ignition switch
OnlineHelp
OnlineHelp, Bachelor's Degree
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT and I went to start it this morning, I turned the key to no lights, no sounds, no nothing. I replaced the starter not too long ago, and the alternator as well. Ignition s… read more
94 Mazda B4000: The drivers side..wiper..firewall..mechanic says
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, LEAD AUTO TECH
I have '94 Mazda B4000 truck. The driver's side wiper mechanism came apart at the "ball and joint" connection behind the access plate on the firewall. My mechanic says it can't be repaired but needs n… read more
1986 Mazda B2000: head lights..main instrument cluster light
Doc Automotive
Doc Automotive, Technical Consultant
I have a 1986 Mazda B2000. I think my problems are all connected in the electrical. When I turn on my head lights the main instrument cluster light does not work or the light next to the cigarette lig… read more
I have a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT. It just passed it's
Ron, Automotive Tech
I have a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT. It just passed it's inspection. while parking the truck in my yard, I backed into my fence and broke the passenger rear lamp cover. Now the brake lights do not work but … read more
My battery went bad...it, now the electric fan will not work
JacobTD
JacobTD, Diagnose Specialist
My battery went bad. When I replaced it, now the electric fan will not work. What is the solution to this? My mechanic has attached a direct wire from fan motor and it turns on and off with the air co… read more
my gas i reattached it and the gas lights went back to normal
W Hunter
W Hunter, High School or GED
a wire broke underneath my car it is connected to my gas i reattached it and the gas lights went back to normal but now when i try to start it it is as if my car is getting no fuel does the gas have a… read more
My cruise control after replacing belts......can I do it myself
Mr. Motors
Mr. Motors, Automotive Technician
The mechanic failed to re-connect my cruise control after replacing belts......can I do it myself?… read more
2004 ford ranger XLT: bulbs..headlights,turn signals..brake lights
Brad
Brad, Lead Diagnostic Technician
I have a 2004 ford ranger XLT 3.0L 2wd my instrument panel and tail lights are not working they just went out came on once then they have not come on scense I checked all the fuses and they seem to be… read more
My Ford Ranger 94 XLT automatic, is shift very hard and it
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
My Ford Ranger 94 XLT automatic, is shift very hard and it does not shift until I get up to almost 35mph in normal drive and the kicks in and out. Is this an internal shift solenoid or an external shi… read more
96 Miata: automatic transmission..We replaced motor with 94
Mike, Associate Degree
I have a 96 Miata 2.8 with automatic transmission. We replaced motor with '94 2.8, then tranny went out (mechanic apparently hooked up transmission pressure relief valve hose to vacuum hose splitter i… read more
94 Kia Sephia: headgasket..resurfaced..back together..it wont start
JD, Vehicle repair consultant
My brother replaced the headgasket on my 94 Kia Sephia. After having the head resurfaced, he put it back together and now it won't start. W cannot figure ot out. What could be causing this? It started… read more
How do you replace a broken shift cable on a 1999 Chevy Metro
MechanicMan
MechanicMan, High School or GED
I was backing out of a driveway and dropped off concrete. When i went to put car in drive my gear shift went back and forth. My husband took apart my console and discovered my shift cable was broken i… read more
2003 isuzu rodeo: 4x4..Mechanic think its the anti-theft device
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE MASTER TECH, REPAIR FACILITY OWNER
I have 2003 isuzu rodeo,4x4. Don't start. Mechanic think it's the anti-theft device. What do you think? I assume he check the park neutral switch, brake safety switch, starter solenoid, etc. Does the … read more
97 Mitsubishi Montero Sport: 4X4..mechanical..the AC switch..engage
JASON
JASON, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I have a 97 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4X4 with 116k miles, the AC stopped working. I don't think that it is mechanical, i.e. the compressor, because I would assume that if it were, I would be able to t… read more