Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
2005 volkswagen jetta: your car wont accelerate..pedal..my car shuts
Paul
Paul, Associate Degree
What does it mean when your driving and your car won't accelerate past a certain speed, I had to place the pedal to the ground and my rpms were at 4. the dealer had my car for 2 days and said nothing … read more
My 1994 minivan..gas pedal..accelerating..goes away..slow down
Dan, Auto Technician
My 1994 minivan is squealing whenever the gas pedal is not being pressed. Loudly! Whenever accelerating, squealing goes away... but as soon as we slow down, it reappears, and did I say loudly?!… read more
Loses power..times when trying to accelerate if i rev it..slowing down
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
my mx5 sometimes loses power, it has happened a couple of times when trying to accelerate if i rev it past a certain point it feels like it isn''t getting any fuel and starts slowing down… read more
2002 saturn: accelerate..highway..the wheels because tires
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
hello, i have 2002 saturn sl2 fwd. it seem that whenever i accelerate past 25mph i hear a humming noise. it gets a little louder on the highway but when coming to a complete stop the humming sound goe… read more
Reverse shift position but when i accelerate it wont move - it did go
Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Lead Technician
My car will go into reverse shift position but when i accelerate it won't move - it did go into the drive position and move but i can't even check that anymore because my car got stuck between a wall … read more
I have a 2005 Honda CRV. Whenever I turn on my car, the
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, master technition
Second opinion] I have a 2005 Honda CRV. Whenever I turn on my car, the smell of dead mouse comes through my vent. I am positive that a mouse was inside my car because tissue paper that was chewed up … read more
1997 cadillac eldorado: dashboard..car with this message flashing
Joe
Joe, Shop supervisor
i have a 1997 cadillac eldorado and the dashboard keeps saying ac compressor refigerant is very low and the ac compressor is off. Is it ok if i continue to drive the car with this message flashing?… read more
OK I did the Accelerator pedal release position learning procedure
Jay
Jay, Shop Forman / Lead Tech
OK I did the Accelerator pedal release position learning procedure but the idle still keep returning to about 1600 rpm. I did it three times but I guess there is more to it than just doing this proced… read more
air temperature seemed a bit warm coming..my air conditioner..degrees
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
For the past few days, I notice that the air temperature seemed a bit warm coming out of the vent of my air conditioner. I have a vent thermometer that I use to test it. I know that when it works norm… read more
1997 saturn: dash by the two A/C vents..115k..I accelerate or turn
al
al, auto-electric & repair owner
I seem to have water sloshing around behind the dash by the two A/C vents. I haved a 1997 Saturn SC2 with approx 115k miles. It only sloshes when I accelerate or turn. Weird. Chris Cable [email protected]… read more
The ac in my 2016 Highlander is making a loud flapping noise
Chris
Chris, auto mechanic
The ac in my 2016 Highlander is making a loud flapping noise that seems to be coming from one of the front vents. The ac is working but not as effectively as usual. The engine is not overheating. The … read more
AC vents wont blow from top vents when accelerating
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
AC vents won''t blow from top vents when accelerating. Would like to know if I can bypass the floor vent so just the dash vents will blow AC air. OLr what it will take to fix the problem.… read more
Sedona: ac..a stop light car started to shake and lights..restarted
Trouble shooter 1
Trouble shooter 1, Associate Degree
my ac makes a funny noise past the 3 position for the front. yesterday with the air on, coming to a stop light car started to shake and lights dimmed i pulled over and then it was fine, again last nig… read more
1993 honda civic: hot outside..I changed the distributor a few months
Joe
Joe, Shop supervisor
my 1993 honda civic seems to not want to start whenever it is hot outside. It gets going but I have to try multiple times and use the gas a lot for it to catch. I changed the distributor a few months … read more
key rolls..postion..my foot..saftey for being in park on the shifter
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
Every time I go to turn the car over, the key rolls forward into the on position but wont go past into the start postion. I have to jockey the shifter with my foot on the break. I cant tell wether its… read more
jeep: will only start when i push the gas pedal..pedal the car shuts
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
My jeep will only start when i push the gas pedal, if i release the pedal the car shuts off. What is the problem? Seems to do this every winter.… read more
my car makes a rattle sound..time i slow down/stop then accelerate
eric
eric, John deere tech.
my car makes a rattle sound whenever i accelerate, it seems to stop after a while but it happens every time i slow down/stop then accelerate again.… read more
Accelerate..intake..with full power then cuts out (Hesitates)
.......
......., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
my 1997 sea-doo bomadier gtx will not accelerate past 30 mph there is no obsrutuction in the intake. . It starts out with full power then cuts out (Hesitates) almost like there is no fuel what and how… read more