Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Merc320
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1995 Taurus: that doesnt engage into drive until the gas pedal
orlan34
orlan34, Bachelor's Degree
A 1995 Taurus that doesn't engage into drive until the gas pedal is depressed one third way to the floor… read more
1996 saab: clutch pedal..power is instantly engaging..turbo..SE.
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
when I push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, it doesn't seem to be completly disengaging from the fly wheel, as I release, there is no play at the bottom, the power is instantly engaging. it… read more
90 olds: the brake pedal goes all the way to the floor..it..push
32dmadden
32dmadden, Owner Emergancy Auto Service
I have a 90 olds trofeo and the brake pedal goes all the way to the floor..it will stop but you have to really push hard...any idea what that is? Thank you.… read more
2007 F150 automatic transmission will not downshift unless I
NicksSticks
NicksSticks, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2007 F150 automatic transmission will not downshift unless I push the gas pedal almost all the way to the floor, and even then sometimes it will not downshift. … read more
Chev...release..a new clutch in it and also a new slave cyinder and it
kalamykid
kalamykid, Pactor automotive
I have a 95 Chev. pick up that the clutch doesn't release even when its pushed all the way to the floor. It hasnt had much free play off the floor but now it doesn't release and I can't shift. It has … read more
Transmission doesn't engage quickly on startup. Have to push
Dan, Dealership Technician
Transmission doesn't engage quickly on startup. Have to push the accelerator to rev the engine to force the trans to engage. Works ok after a few minutes and stays engaged when driving, but this start… read more
I have just inherited my fathers 1998 Seville STS. When I
Marty
Marty, Vice President / Manager
I have just inherited my fathers 1998 Seville STS. When I push the brake pedal it goes all the way to the floor. There is brake fluid, pads look good and rotors too. However, the brake light is on the… read more
I ended up having to push the brake pedal all the way to the
Andrew
Andrew, Level A Technician
I ended up having to push the brake pedal all the way to the floor and ABS system light came on. I had to place the car in park and then back to drive and the light went off. I am concerned about driv… read more
ML500: Hi, I have a 2006 Mercedes Benz ML500, Chassis Number
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
Hi, I have a 2006 Mercedes Benz ML500, Chassis Number - WDC1641752A108885. The problem is Automatic rear tail gate opening and closing is not working. When I actuate the outside handle switch to open … read more
Dies..will race but slows as you continue to push down on foot feed
Paul
Paul, Associate Degree
Will not idle. Dies if fuel feed pushed all the way to floor. Runs if push foot feed just a little, engine will race but slows as you continue to push down on foot feed. In gear has no power to run ov… read more
1993 infiniti G20: park..the gear shift will not go all the way..push
Sam C
Sam C, Service Manager
My 1993 infiniti G20 is stuck in park. The button on the gear shift will not go all the way. The problem started yesterday, but if i fidgit with the gear shift eventually it will let me push the butto… read more
1996 Taurus GL: my brake pedal goes all the way to the floor
ttiger79
ttiger79, Auto Mechanic
My car seems to stop okay, but my brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. What could be wrong? 1996 Taurus GL… read more
you push the accelerator all the way to the floor, the engine pulsates
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
I have a 2002 Daewoo Lanos and when you push the accelerator all the way to the floor, the engine pulsates and will not pick up speed. What part needs to be replaced?… read more
Infiniti I30: parking brake..engage..caliper..the brake pedal goes
ASEMaster35yrs
ASEMaster35yrs, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I just replaced the rear calipers on my Infiniti I30. I have bled the lines but the parking brake doesn't engage all the way. Also the right rear caliper seems loose and the brake pedal goes down furt… read more
1998 buick regal: stopping..brake light is on - diagnosis
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
i have a 1998 buick regal - the brakes are going all the way to the floor, and stopping the car very slowly - the brake light is on - diagnosis?… read more
1978 cutlass supreme: my brakes go all the way to floor
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
1978 cutlass supreme my brakes go all the way to floor then if i pump them they will work there is no metal to metal sound thanks candy… read more
My 1993 Saturn SC1 will crank but will not stay running.
lexpert
lexpert, Technician
My 1993 Saturn SC1 will crank but will not stay running. You have to push gas pedal all the way to floor to get it to turn over and then black smoke blows out tail pipe but it will not stay running… read more
I lost resistance in my clutch petal...slave..master cylinder
ase_master327
ase_master327, Owner & Student
I lost resistance in my clutch petal. I can push it all the way to the floor and it will not go into gear. I've been told it's probably the slave or master cylinder. I'm going today to buy parts for t… read more