Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Jaybird61
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
New Car question: I remember in olden times, a new car has a
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, auto mechanic
New Car question: I remember in olden times, a new car has a “ breaking in period “ and should not be driven more than say 50 miles per hour for the first 1000 miles. Is there such a concern for today… read more
Will I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 and I bought it 7 mths ago.
Matt, Engineer
Will I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 and I bought it 7 mths ago. It was running fine and on Saturday the battery was dead. So we got a new one and when we installed it the gears starting shifting to Neutra… read more
Hyundai sonata: I read in the manual about a break-in period
Car Dude
Car Dude, Associate Degree
I just bought a brand new hyunday sonata. I read in the manual about a break-in period. What exactly do I need to do during this period and what will it do for my car?… read more
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 with R1234yf freon in it. The
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2015 Chrysler 200 with R1234yf freon in it. The system was emptied. How much freon should the system take? Thanks, Derek… read more
Lexus IS250: car on the highway going close to 80mph but not for long
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
Hi. Just bought a Lexus IS250 2008. I have about 250miles on it and was concerned about the engine break-in period. Last night I was a little 'rough' with the car on the highway going close to 80mph b… read more
Transmissions Seirra Denali: I just bought a new 2015 GMC Sierra
BOBBYSS
I just bought a new 2015 GMC Sierra Denali with. 5.3 v8, when driving up a slight grade it labors and shutters until I step down on the throttle then it shifts down. Also when coasting to a stop light… read more
Bought a 2015 golf tdi with 5000 miles on it, the window
Danny
Danny, Owner, lead mechanic
bought a 2015 golf tdi with 5000 miles on it, the window sticker said it had oil change in 2017. i thought the diesels had break in oil that was supposed to not be changed for 10000 miles? should i bu… read more
Danny
Danny, Owner, lead mechanic
second opinion] bought a 2015 golf tdi with 5000 miles on it, the window sticker said it had oil change in 2017. i thought the diesels had break in oil that was supposed to not be changed for 10000 mi… read more
1999 volvo v70: XC..000 miles..check engine light just came..squealing
Derrick
Derrick, Associate Degree
I just bought a 1999 VolvoV70 XC with 126,000 miles on it. The check engine light just came on and the breaks are squealing. I paid 5k for the car. Is it worth for me to put 1500$ USD for an initial m… read more
AFTER REBUILDING MY 300 TDi SHOULD THE HEAD..TORQUED
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
AFTER REBUILDING MY 300 TDi SHOULD THE HEAD BE TORQUED DOWN MORE THEN ONCE AND IF SO WHEN AND HOW OFTEN? this is a landrover 300tdi… read more
Im getting a new 6.7 power stroke turbo. should i break in
camerontech
camerontech, 20 year experience diagnostic technician
im getting a new 6.7 power stroke turbo. should i break in motor per manufactures suggestions or the drive it like you stole it method, as in drive it real hard.… read more
1998 jeep wrangler: How much should I expect to pay for new break pads
Danny
Danny, Service Manager / Foreman
How much should I expect to pay for new break pads and possibley roters for a 1998 jeep wrangler?… read more
I have a 1967Triumph Tr4A that is still smoking after an
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I have a 1967Triumph Tr4A that is still smoking after an engine rebuild last summer. How many miles should a break period be? … read more
I have a 2015 Subaru forester and i have pressed the break
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
i have a 2015 Subaru forester and i have pressed the break pedal to many times so the car is now not indicating that the brake pedal is being pushed to use the push to start not sure how to relieve th… read more
The transmission is jerking in low gears on my 2015 tlx v6.
Andrew
Andrew, Level A Technician
the transmission is jerking in low gears on my 2015 tlx v6 … read more
I just bought a new car 4 months ago and had to drive on a
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I just bought a new car 4 months ago and had to drive on a bad stretch of road during one of my trips at around 3000 kms on odo. Post this I noticed that the started pulling left at speeds of 100 kmph… read more
labor, to have new front rotars, break pads and bushings put in
DCM
DCM, Automotive Master Tech
how much should it cost, with labor, to have new front rotars, break pads and bushings put in?… read more
1991 m30: 143,000 MILES. cAR IS NOT RUNNING AS smoothly AS IN PAST.
DCM
DCM, Automotive Master Tech
1991 m30 INFINITY. 143,000 MILES. cAR IS NOT RUNNING AS smoothly AS IN PAST. nEW BREAKS, NEW OIL, brake system just flushed too.. SHOUld I replace the shock absorbers done 2002 @ 106,000 milesor repla… read more