Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

Ok I can start my prios v 2014 hybrid, I boosted the car and

ok I can start my prios v 2014 hybrid , I boosted the car and it started I need to buy a battery? if I do what brand is best for this car?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok I couldn't start my prius v 2014 hybrid , I boosted the car and it started I need to buy a battery? if I do what brand is best for this car?

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The normal life span of a Prius auxiliary battery is 3 years. No matter how good you treat the battery, 3 years is the normal replacement window. If the battery needed jumped, and there was no electrical draw causing the battery to get weak, you would be best advised to replace the battery. If you do not replace it, you will continue to have to jump the battery sooner. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks.

You can do not better than a genuine Toyota dealer parts dept battery. It has a great warranty and is designed for YOUR car. Not a generic 'fits-all' battery from an auto parts store.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK do you know whether an Exide battery is OK? How much of a difference is there between an Exide and the dealer battery and is it worth the extra money?
Also let's say a light was left on in the car It drained the battery and then I boosted it, can I rely on the battery anymore or has it been damaged permanently?

I have had little long-term success with Exide products. The dealer battery is better because it is designed for the car. Non-Toyota batteries are generic it-might-fit-and-it-might-work. I have had customers decline Toyota batteries and install a generic battery, only to come back 6 months later to purchase that what was recommended. The Toyota battery warranty is very, very good. Go for the Toyota battery. I would replace the battery at this time if I were you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Thanks

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you.